The Clothing Closet
The Clothing Closet helps clients meet their critical clothing needs. The selection of clothing available for all ages gives clients the opportunity to ensure that growing children have clothes that fit, adults can dress confidently for the workplace, all individuals are warm and comfortably dressed in the winter months, and that all have access to the basic clothing needs of socks and underwear.
We provide clothing to about 150 families each month.
Interested in hosting a Clothing Drive? Contact Josh Cobb:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-342-5563
WHEN & WHERE:
Monday - Friday from 9:00 am through 4:00 pm
Valley Outreach - 1901 Curve Crest Blvd, Stillwater
View Google map to location
WHAT TO DONATE:In-season, gently used, clean clothing are welcomed at our Stillwater location (1901 door) on Curve Crest Boulevard. Got rags? See here! We welcome the following items!
- Tops (sweaters, blouses, tank tops, non-branded t-shirts)
- Pants (jeans, slacks)
- Kids & Teen sized clothing of all kind
- XL-XXL sizes of all items
- Purses, belts, and scarves
- New-in-package socks & underwear (Check out our annual fall socks and underwear drive, Undie Week!)
- Winter wear (coats, boots, waterproof mittens/gloves, hats, scarves, snow pants/suits)
Our current top needs change often! Check back here to stay up to date on what we need for our clients. Help us get the right items to our clients when they need them. Donate seasonally! Due to the large volume of clothing we receive, we encourage donations of only in-season gently used clean clothing.
CURRENT TOP NEEDS:
- Snow boots (all sizes)
- Winter coats (all sizes)
- Waterproof mittens and gloves (all sizes)
- Snowpants (all sizes)
- Teen boys and girls clothes,
- Men's clothes,
- New socks and underwear,
- Kid's sizes 4t-14,
- Large sizes (XL-XXL+),
TOP NEEDS EACH SEASON:
|IN SPRING ||IN FALL|
|Shorts||Waterproof gloves & mittens|
|Skirts||Hats & scarves|
|Tank tops|| |
HELP US HELP THE COMMUNITY (FASTER!):
When making your clothing donations, please consider the following suggestions to help make our sorting process more efficient and streamlined.
- Bring clothing donations in containers such as bags, boxes, or totes (that you don't need back!)
- Remove items from hangers
- Remove any garage sale stickers or tags
- Please don't leave donations on the back docks of our building
- Recycle rags/unwearable items through the City of Stillwater's free curbside recycling program.
WHAT NOT TO DONATE:
Help us be as efficient and effective as possible at supporting those in need by only donating items we distribute! We don't distribute the following items (and don't accept) the following items:
- Unwearable clothing (torn, stained, smelly, worn through, broken zipper or missing buttons)
- Used socks & underwear
- Kitchen appliances
- Linens (blankets, towels, curtains, sheets or other bedding)
Here are some organizations that welcome the items we can't accept!
- Stone Soup: Accepts small appliances, bedding and linens, furniture, books, dishes, kitchen items, tools, clothing, and toys. Located in St. Paul Park, MN
- USAgain Bins: Accepts clothing, shoes and household textiles regardless of condition (all those unwearable items!) Find a bin nearest you! Located at Len's Family Foods, Rutherford Elementary, Houle's Farm Garden & Pet and more.
- Two Fish Thrift Store: Accepts games, puzzles, books, movies, CDs, household items, dishes, clothing, and cookware. Located in New Richmond, WI
- Goodwill: Accepts books, small electronics, furniture, and clothing. Located in Oak Park Heights, MN
Valley Outreach previously accepted rags and unwearable clothing for recycling, yet the volume has become overwhelming. What do we mean by unwearable clothing? Clothing that is ripped or stained, or with broken zippers or missing buttons. Simply put, if it is unwearable to you, it is unwearable to our clients.
There is now a city program specifically for recycling! The City of Stillwater's Free Curbside Recycling of clothing, shoes & home goods began July 24, 2017 and is run through simplerecycling.com.